Main Page

Ответ в темуСоздание новой темыСоздание опроса

> Где я могу найти (полный список работ Артема Веделя?)
Don Hackenberry
Post #1 (Global #3738); Дата 8.02.2008 - 00:32
Цитировать сообщение

Завсегдатай

Дорогои All,

Где я могу найти полный список работ Артема Веделя?

Have a number of his works, but I really don't know what all exists.

Started work on an English version of his concerto "Кь Тебе, Господи, воззову", based on Psalm 28(27).  If I do one concerto a year, I'll be kind of old by the time I do all 30. Have recordings of half of them, and scores of fewer than half.

Best,

Don

PMПисьмо на e-mail пользователю
mrkyk
Post #2 (Global #3791); Дата 14.02.2008 - 11:08
Цитировать сообщение

Завсегдатай

Посмотрите здесь  www.cck.kiev.ua наверняка это не все, но большая часть Можно спросить  здесь info@cck.kiev.ua
Don Hackenberry
Post #3 (Global #3810); Дата 15.02.2008 - 23:27
Цитировать сообщение

Завсегдатай

Дорогой Mrkyk and All,

Thank you very much.  First, please forgive my writing in English, it's because I can't write a sensible sentence in Russian.  Had been to the Kiev Chamber Choir site before, this time I copied and pasted the list of concertos.  Didn't have the titles of Concertos № 16-28 before.  Just last night came across a Kyiv Liturgy Fest in 2005 г.  They produced a list of Ukrainian composers and their works, and I intend to write and ask for it.  It won't be "complete" because some of Vedel's works were destroyed.  What I want to know is which ones are currently known by someone somewhere.  Back in 1996, Veronica Chuchman wrote (see http://www.ukrweekly.com/Archive/1996/219625.shtml):

"Vedel's masterpieces are deeply religious works, inextricably bound to the Ukrainian people and their traditions. His lyrical style captures the tragic fate of Ukraine, while awakening the deep-rooted national pride of the Ukrainian people. Vedel and his works were viewed as an absolute threat to the Russian state, thus, he was arrested on the basis of false accusations. In prison, Vedel was isolated and forbidden to write. Tragically, he died a young, broken man.

The censorship of the Russian government continued long after Vedel's death. The regime kept Vedel's works locked away, far from human eyes, doing its best to erase the memory of Vedel's life and work. It was only at the beginning of the 20th century that some of Vedel's works were published under the watchful eye and "guidance" of Russian censors.

The musical legacy of Artem Vedel includes approximately 20 four-part religious concerti, two two-choir concerti, a liturgy and sacred music to complement the liturgy. There is no way of determining if, or how many, of the composer's works have been lost to the world forever during the two centuries of continued denial of Vedel and his compositions.

The influence of Vedel the composer and Vedel the performer (violinist and singer) was far-reaching, despite attempts to exclude him from the collective memory of the musical world. Efforts to uncover original manuscripts, or general information about Vedel himself have met with very limited success. For this reason, the recent discovery of some of Vedel's original manuscripts was greeted with great excitement within the global musical village."

Will try to put a list of what I have below my signature.  Don't know how it will turn out.  (Turned out not as neat and orderly as I'd like, but not bad enough to delete.)  I'm looking for everything by Vedel I don't already have.  May have gotten a couple more since I wrote the list.

С уважением,

Дон

Artem Vedel
Source
1    Khristos razhdayetsya    Christmas Canon        neat ms or printed                                         VM
2        “                  “    partial “          “      (Odes 1, 3, part of 4)         printed, № 8, pp 40-41                                 VM
3        “                  “    Christmas Canon                       ms, variant, I Schlan                                      VM
3a     “                   “                                     “               “                                                                                                 LS, Rozhdestvenskie
4        “                  “            “               “        Uk                                        Rizdvyaniy Zbirnik
5    Taynstvo chudne     9th Ode, “       “         Uk                        Liturgichni Pisni (BC)
6    Pokayaniya otverzi mi dveri     Open to me the doors         ed M Lisitsyn, octavo         VM
7              “                                                  “                                                                        also ed M Lisitsyn, 2 staves, no piano       VM
7a   “         “             LS, Postnoy Triodi, Azeev
8              “                                                 “                                                                        Kiev, 1911, ed V G Petrushevsky, as trio    VM
9     Kto yest sey Tsar slavi?    Who is this King of glory? (Dedication of temple)   Kiev, 1911         VM
10    Pokayaniya     Open…         cramped ms         VM
11     Yelitsi     As many as are baptized         bottom of cramped ms         VM
12    Pokayaniya     Open…         legible ms, I Schlan         VM
13             “                                                 “                                                                                                                                1000 Years
14    Na rekakh’ Vavilonskikh’     By the rivers of Babylon (setting in E, w/0 Alleluias)                                           1000 Years
15    Na rekakh’                                    By the rivers (setting in C, with Alleluias)                                                                              VM
16    Dnes’ Vladika tvari     Today the Master of creation                                                                                                    VM
17    Voskreseniya den’      Paschal Canon (with Svyatisya)                                                                                               VM
18                 “                                               “                      (Odes 1-8)         text in Uk     Liturgichni Pisni (BC)
19    Raduytesya lyudie      Rejoice, O people (Pascha)                                        VM
20   Da voskresnet’ Bog’      Paschal Stichera                                             VM
21    Priidite, poklonimsya      Beginning of Vespers                VM
22            “                 “                                   “                     “        , short setting         VM
23    Blagoslovi dushe moya Hospodi    First Psalm of Vespers         VM
24    Blazhen muzh’       Kathisma at Vespers         VM
25    Malaya ektenia       Little Litany         VM
26    Svyetye tikhiy       Joyful light, B 4/4         VM
27           “           “                                         “          “   , E 4/4         VM
28          “           “                                          “          “   , F  ¾         VM
29    Hospod’ votsarisya       The Lord reigns, Prokimen of Sunday Vespers         VM
30    Sugubaya ekteniya        Augmented Litany         VM
31     Spodobi Hospodi        Vouchsafe, O Lord         VM
32    Nine otpushchayesi        Lord, now let thy servant            crude ms         VM
33        “                 “                                    “                                  “                                Belgrade, good ms         VM
34        “                 “                                    “                                  “             printed in book         VM
35    Bohoroditse Dyevo raduisya         VM
36    Bude imya Hospodne        Blessed be the name of the Lord         VM
37    Slava v’ vishnikh’ Bogu        Glory to God in the highest, beginning of Matins    № 1 (at 6 Psalms)         VM
38       “                 “            “                         “              “                     “                                                 another setting         VM
39    Velikaya ektenia         Great Litany         VM
40    At Kathisma         Lord have mercy 3x, Glory…, Now…, Alleluia, etc                                                            VM
41    At Small Litany                       VM
42    Khvalite imya Hospodna         Praise the name of the Lord              in C & F         VM
43            “          “              “                            “                 “                    “                                № 2, in F & B         VM
44            “          “              “                            “                 “                    “                                № 3, in C & F         VM
45    Blessed art thou, O Lord         VM
46    From my youth         VM
47    Lord have mercy—Let every breath—Lord have mercy         VM
48    Having beheld the Resurrection of Christ         VM
49    I nine, preblagoslovenna         VM
49a  Slava vo vishnikh’ Bohu Great Doxology                  LS, Slavoslovie Veliko, Chast II
50    Today has salvation come          VM
51     By rising from the tomb         VM
52     Ektenia sugubaya, ekteniya prositel’naya         VM

53    Sugubaya ektenia       Augmented Litany         VM
54    Blagoslovi       Dismissal         VM
55    Slava i nine                “         VM
56        “          “    , Hospodi pomiluy          “         VM
57    Only Begotten Son         VM
58    Cherubic Hymn         VM
59    A mercy of peace     ms         VM
60             “              “     Uk     Liturgichni Pisni (BC)
61    Dostoyno yest      printed         VM
62            “            “      ms         VM
63    Our Father       ms         VM
64       “          “       ms, another setting         VM
65      “           “        ms, a third         VM
66    Let my mouth be filled                VM
67       “               “               “        Uk     Liturgichni Pisni (BC)
68    We praise thee, O God (Te Deum) Missing midsection, from sudiya to vo vyeki; have pp 1-12, “5-8”         VM
69    Slishi         VM
70    Zastupnik’ moy esi      Thou art my defense       concerto         VM
71    Skazhi mi, Hospodi, konchinu moyu       concerto         VM
72    Glasom’ moyim—missing pp 5-8; have 1-4, 9-16       concerto         VM
73    Bozhe, Bozhe, ne pomyani bezzakoniy nashikh’       concerto         VM
74    Bozhe, priidosha yazitsi v’ dostoyanie Tvoye       concerto         VM
75    Chestneyshuyu kheruvim’         VM
76    Vzbrannoy voyevod’         VM
77     Irmosi “Otverzu usta moya”         VM
78    Zastupnitse userdnaya       also attributed to Sarti         VM
79    V’ molitvakh’ neusipayushchuyu Bohoroditsu       3-part simple hymn         VM
80                 “                         “                            “       concerto         VM
81    Vsemirnuyu slavu         VM
82    Pomiluy mya, Hospodi, yako nemoshchen’ est’—> missing pp 6 & 7        concerto         VM
83    Hospodi, Bozhe moy, na Tya upovakh’        concerto         VM
84    Blagoslovyu Hospoda vrazumivshago mya        concerto         VM
85    K’ Tebe, Hospodi, vozzovu        concerto         VM
86    Ti moya krepost’, Hospodi        concerto         VM
87    Velichaya velichayu Tya, Hospodi        concerto         VM
88    Slishi, dshchi, I vizhd’     Hearken, O daughter, and consider, Ψ 45        concerto         VM
89    Dokole, Hospodi, zabudeshimya        concerto         VM
90    Plotiyu usnuv’      Pascha, Exapostilarion               Boris Tarakanov
91     Prikloni, Hospodi        concerto               Boris Tarakanov
0 Пользователей читают эту тему (0 Гостей и 0 Скрытых Пользователей)
0 Пользователей:

Опции темы Ответ в темуСоздание новой темыСоздание опроса